Thursday, December 3, 2020

Do You Believe in Miracles

 

Do You Believe in Miracles

 

Do you enjoy it when God stands strong and PROVES the glory of His Word and His presence?  Well, I rejoice at it.  I used to be disappointed that Moses, the prophets, Jesus and his disciples got to see God's presence as He performed miracles before them.  Just a few years ago a popular discussion among agnostics and atheists was, "God is dead".  They were saying that because He hides Himself, Matthew 11:25-27.  I used to have a hard time trying to convince men that God is real and what men need to do is have more faith.  I was disturbed so much so that I asked God to show me His hand like He did with Jesus and the prophets, so that I could have something to brag about Him before I die.  I did not know that "HE IS IN US" in the way He taught me today.  He heard my remorse and He gave me "something to talk about"!  You remember the Chilean mine collapse that trapped some miners deep below ground, don't you?  Well He showed me His power to lead His children from multiple nations in a cooperative move that FREED ALL THOSE TRAPPED without the loss of life, not one man!  I KNOW THAT WAS GOD SHOWING ME HIS USE OF AND CONTROL OF HIS CHILDREN.  I was transfixed as the TV news networks recorded every minute as it took several days to accomplish the feat.  I was ecstatic and excited because God SHOWED HIS POWER AND PRESENCE and His HAND in the affairs of mankind.  I was exceedingly pleased with God because He strengthened faith in so many children around the world in many nations.  I was (I hate to use this word) “proud” of God for boldly showing He cares!  I could not stop thanking Him and honoring Him for showing me His Majesty.

 

He did not stop there.  I only asked Him to “show me one miracle” in my lifetime and that would make me happy.  He had a surprise for me.  A couple of years ago in Thailand, a group of boys and their leader went underground to explore the caves in the local area.  The rainy season had approached and it rained.  Flood waters from the hills came down and flowed into the cave opening trapping the boys and their leader.  The cave had twists and turns and high places and low places with narrow passages.  They had little food and water and breathable air was a problem, because of CO2 build up.  That could lead to death.  Not all the boys could swim.  To rescue this group would be tricky and almost impossible.  Thai divers and rescue crews, and British expert divers all collaborated and planned to carry food, medicine, and oxygen to the boys.  The most skilled divers would have to swim with each boy through all the tricky snafus the cave presented.  Again I watched with baited breath.  I knew God was showing His hand a second time to me.  Only one diver lost his life, but all the boys were rescued safely and taken to a local hospital where they recovered.  I told Him, “I only asked You to show me one miracle, and now You have shown me a second one in my lifetime”.  None of them would have come out alive except You again gathered your children and showed them how to get the job done”.  I again thanked my Father for showing us mercy, and strengthening faith among those who trust Him.

 

You might think, “This guy has some brass, talking to God like that”!  Well when I learned that He is in me, living my life with me and for me, I learned not to be afraid of Him.  Fear is worthless and anti-climactic.  My body is His temple and His place of residence.  I can't hide anything from Him and He manages my thoughts.  We have had this personal relationship from the day He created me.  It took a few years and battles with devils for our relationship to grow close in my own mind.  YOU are just like me!  He dwells in and walks in you, too!  You can talk to your Father also, but you will need to learn to discern His voice.  There are devils riding our bodies, and they talk to men also.  But we are never alone!  Father remains a “stealth presence” (secret agent man) in each human temple.  Psalm 23 is the case for every human walking on planet Earth.  Devils have BOWED DOWN BEFORE HIS GLORIOUS MAJESTY and confessed their crimes against humanity before the Supreme Judge and the Heavenly Jurist-Witnesses.  No demon can get away with a lie before Him.  What they did or did not do to the least human child, they did it or did not do it to God Himself while He walked in "His human shoes"!

 

I was re-reading a sharing from October.  I was so impressed with the Words, that I feel compelled to share them again:

 

https://goodnewsinc.blogspot.com/2020/10/all-knees-will-bow-down-at-his-feet.html

No comments:

Post a Comment