Friday, November 9, 2012

God Is A Consuming Fire


God is a Consuming Fire

HEADLINE
________________________________________________________________________

Deuteronomy 4:24 For the LORD thy God is a consuming fire, even a jealous God.
________________________________________________________________________


Secrets of Enoch 22 1 On the tenth Heaven, Aravoth, I saw the appearance of the Lord's face, like iron made to glow in fire, and brought out, emitting sparks, and it burns. Thus I saw the Lord's face, but the Lord's face is ineffable, marvellous and very awful, and very, very terrible. 2 And who am I to tell of the Lord's unspeakable being, and of his very wonderful face? and I cannot tell the quantity of his many instructions, and various voices, the Lord's throne very great and not made with hands, nor the quantity of those standing round him, troops of cherubim and 3 seraphim, nor their incessant singing, nor his immutable beauty, and who shall tell of the ineffable greatness of his glory? 4 And I fell prone and bowed down to the Lord, 5 and the Lord with his lips said to me: 'Have courage, Enoch, do not fear, arise and stand before my face into eternity.' 6 And the archistratege Michael lifted me up, and led me to before the Lord's face. And the Lord said to his servants tempting them: 'Let Enoch stand before my face into 7 eternity,' and the glorious ones bowed down to the Lord, and said: 'Let Enoch go according to Thy word.' 8 And the Lord said to Michael: 'Go and take Enoch from out his earthly garments, and anoint him with my sweet ointment, and put him into the garments of My glory.' 9 And Michael did thus, as the Lord told him. He anointed me, and dressed me, and the appearance of that ointment is more than the great light, and his ointment is like sweet dew, and its 10 smell mild, shining like the sun's ray, and I looked at myself, and was like one of his glorious ones.

Secrets of Enoch 24 1 And the Lord summoned me, and said to me: 'Enoch, sit down on my left with Gabriel.' And I bowed down to the Lord, and the Lord spoke 2 to me: Enoch, beloved, all thou seest, all things that are standing finished I tell to thee even before the very beginning, all that I created from non- being, and visible things from invisible. 3 Hear, Enoch, and take in these my words, for not to my angels have I told my secret, and I have not told them their rise, nor my endless realm, nor have they understood my creating, 4 which I tell thee today. For before all things were visible, I alone used to go about in the invisible things, like the sun from east to west, and 5 from west to east. But even the sun has peace in itself, while I found no peace, because I was creating all things, and I conceived the thought of placing foundations, and of creating visible creation.

Genesis 37:9 And he dreamed yet another dream, and told it his brethren, and said, Behold, I have dreamed a dream more; and, behold, the sun and the moon and the eleven stars made obeisance to me. 10 And he told it to his father, and to his brethren: and his father rebuked him, and said unto him, What is this dream that thou hast dreamed? Shall I and thy mother and thy brethren indeed come to bow down ourselves to thee to the earth?

From Jacob’s interpretation of Joseph’s dream, we find that the sun and the moon are allegories that represent our Father and Mother Wisdom.  We have learned from modern science that the sun is really a super-giant furnace that burns hydrogen and converts it into all the elements of the periodic table.  It creates matter and explodes these elements and radiation into the universe as star dust from which new stars, asteroids, comets and galaxies are re-made.  According to the Big Bang theory this is how God made the cosmos.  He exploded (created) Himself and sent the cosmos spiraling outward from Him.  In the Bible we are taught that “God is all in all”.  In fact God has stated, “I AM and there is none (nothing) else”.  From the scientific description of the creation, the Big Bang agrees with this characterization of God.

Isaiah 45:5 I am the LORD, and there is none else, there is no God beside me: I girded thee, though thou hast not known me: 6 That they may know from the rising of the sun, and from the west, that there is none beside me. I am the LORD, and there is none else.

Scientists say life began from this stellar process over millions of years.  Out of this the cosmos chemistry takes place. Hydrogen and oxygen combine to form water.  Carbon and nitrogen and other chemicals combine to make compounds and ever more complex molecules such as amino acids.  On class-M planets these can become building blocks for life such as bacteria and viruses.  He put it all together on a class-M planet called Earth and here we are today.  So the sun and star-dust chemistry is credited with being the source of life on earth.  It is also credited with maintaining and environment where life can thrive.  To have life exist there must be proper temperatures, sunshine and rain, and nutriments to keep life going.  This earth environment has all these things going for it.  From this mix and this environment, God used clay (star dust) to form the bodies of Adam and Eve.

Our conclusion from this discussion is everything we see and know in the cosmos is some form of God.  We also are His offspring   Any dad or parent of higher forms of life imparts knowledge to his offspring by some form of communication.  When we consider our HEADLINE we see that “God is a consuming fire”. He also has a “fiery” method of reaching us.  In addition to visual communication through what we see and the sounds we hear, He also addresses our minds by use of language, namely, “the Word of God”.  Words that come from God’s lips have been described as truth, life, food, water, and dare I say it, “fire”!  You who are Christians and Bible students are familiar with sermons and teachings that describe these parabolic descriptions of the Word of God.  Here we will look at communication by fire from the Great Light who burns brighter than the sun.

Words from God’s Mouth are a form of fire

Jeremiah 20:9 Then I said, I will not make mention of him, nor speak any more in his name. But his word was in mine heart as a burning fire shut up in my bones, and I was weary with forbearing, and I could not stay.

Jeremiah 23:29 Is not my word like as a fire? saith the LORD; and like a hammer that breaketh the rock in pieces?

Luke 24:27And beginning at Moses and all the prophets, he expounded unto them in all the scriptures the things concerning himself. 32 And they said one to another, Did not our heart burn within us, while he talked with us by the way, and while he opened to us the scriptures?

II Esdras 13:1 2 THE SEVEN DAYS PASSED; and the next night I had a dream. In my dream, 3 a wind came up out of the sea and set the waves in turmoil. And this wind brought a human figure rising from the depths, and as I watched this man came flying with the clouds of heaven. Wherever he turned his 4 eyes, everything that they fell on was seized with terror; and wherever the sound of his voice reached, all who heard it melted like wax at the touch of fire. 5 Next I saw an innumerable host of men gathering from the four winds 6 of heaven to wage war on the man who had risen from the sea. I saw that 7 the man hewed out a vast mountain for himself, and flew up on to it. I tried to see from what quarter or place the mountain had been taken, but I 8 could not. Then I saw that all who had gathered to wage war against the 9 man were filled with fear, and yet they dared to fight against him. When he saw the hordes advancing to attack, he did not so much as lift a finger 10 against them. He had no spear in his hand, no weapon at all; only, as I watched, he poured what seemed like a stream of fire out of his mouth, a 11 breath of flame from his lips, and a storm of sparks from his tongue. All of them combined into one mass ---the stream of fire, the breath of flame, and the great storm. It fell on the host advancing to join battle, and burnt up every man of them; suddenly all that enormous multitude had disappeared, leaving nothing but dust and ashes and a reek of smoke. I was dumbfounded at the sight. 12 After that, I saw the man coming down from the mountain and calling 13 to himself a different company, a peaceful one. He was joined by great numbers of men, some with joy on their faces, others with sorrow. Some came from captivity; some brought others to him as an offering. I woke up.

John 17:17 Sanctify them through thy truth: thy word is truth.

John 1:1 In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God.

John 6:63 It is the spirit that quickeneth; the flesh profiteth nothing: the words that I speak unto you, they are spirit, and they are life.

Acts 2:1 And when the day of Pentecost was fully come, they were all with one accord in one place. 2 And suddenly there came a sound from heaven as of a rushing mighty wind, and it filled all the house where they were sitting. 3 And there appeared unto them cloven tongues like as of fire, and it sat upon each of them. 4 And they were all filled with the Holy Ghost, and began to speak with other tongues, as the Spirit gave them utterance.

God communicates with us by the Word of God.  Jesus, the Holy Spirit, and angels of glory do communicate with special men, and their Words are symbolized as fire. Jesus told us “You are the light of the world”, but you must have his Words and Father’s Words in you.  You must speak the same Words without altering them or watering them down.

Luke 21:12 But before all these, they shall lay their hands on you, and persecute you, delivering you up to the synagogues, and into prisons, being brought before kings and rulers for my name's sake. 13 And it shall turn to you for a testimony. 14 Settle it therefore in your hearts, not to meditate before what ye shall answer: 15 For I will give you a mouth and wisdom, which all your adversaries shall not be able to gainsay nor resist.

Ephesians 6:12 For we wrestle not against flesh and blood, but against principalities, against powers, against the rulers of the darkness of this world, against spiritual wickedness in high places.

When we are not afraid of the rejection and gainsaying of men and speak God’s Words as He gave them to us, we can be flame throwers against demonic liars and deceivers who use men we can see to fight the truth.  Light consumes darkness and errors, and pitfalls are exposed in our path when we let our light shine.

2 Corinthians 10:3 For though we walk in the flesh, we do not war after the flesh: 4 (For the weapons of our warfare are not carnal, but mighty through God to the pulling down of strong holds;) 5 Casting down imaginations, and every high thing that exalteth itself against the knowledge of God, and bringing into captivity every thought to the obedience of Christ; 6 And having in a readiness to revenge all disobedience, when your obedience is fulfilled.

Matthew 5:14 Ye are the light of the world. A city that is set on an hill cannot be hid. 15 Neither do men light a candle, and put it under a bushel, but on a candlestick; and it giveth light unto all that are in the house. 16 Let your light so shine before men, that they may see your good works, and glorify your Father which is in heaven.

If you have light, let it shine!!

Glorify God!
God did it!

No comments:

Post a Comment