Saturday, October 13, 2018

He said to them, "Follow me"


He Said unto Them, "Follow Me"

HEADLINE:
________________________________________________________________________

Matthew 4:18 And Jesus, walking by the sea of Galilee, saw two brethren, Simon called Peter, and Andrew his brother, casting a net into the sea: for they were fishers. 19 And he saith unto them, Follow me, and I will make you fishers of men. 20 And they straightway left their nets, and followed him.
________________________________________________________________________

I used to wonder about the calling of Jesus' disciples.  Why did those guys stop whatever they were doing and follow him?  They did not protest or question why should they do that when they were busy with their own tasks for the day.  Jesus might have been an acquaintance, but surely they did not know him.  And yet they all STOPPED whatever activity they were doing and followed him.  When I read the accounts of the calling of the disciples in the Gospels, I questioned the "strangeness" of it all.  I thought if Jesus had come in our time, he would have gotten a different response.  If an unknown person walked up to one of us and said, "Follow me", one response would be, "Who are you and what do you want"!  "I am working and I can't walk off my job with a person I do not know"!  "Where are you going?  What's in it for me"?  Those are the kinds of responses that men in our time would certainly have replied to him.  It took a little time for me to grasp the fact that Father-God had Jesus role-playing and "acting out" the very purpose he was created to do.  It seemed bizarre that perfectly normal and sane men would drop everything they were doing in life and follow a "stranger" without a quibble or protest.  To me that is abnormal.

The problem for the world and for me and men of his day is Jesus was not an "ordinary man"!  He looked like the Jews of his time period.  However he was special to God and to our Family, but none of that was known to men.  He was "just another guy" as I would have said in my day.  You read of Jesus' birth to Mary and Joseph; how the angels sang at his birth; and Simeon prophesied about his future works.  But none of this was common news widely held by the people in his time.  In our HEADLINE you see where two fishermen brothers were called by Jesus, and they dropped their nets and followed him.  I thought that was weird.  Suddenly their means of income and getting food for their families and to sell their catch lost its importance to them.  Maybe it was curiosity that got the best of them.  But they had to see what was to this man.

Little did I know WHO JESUS IS.  After years of reading the Bible, Father finally revealed to me the magnitude and greatness of His Firstborn  Son, Matthew 11:25-27.  Here is Jesus' JOB DESCRIPTION:

Isaiah 49:6 And he said, It is a light thing that thou shouldest be my servant to raise up the tribes of Jacob, and to restore the preserved of Israel: I will also give thee for a light to the Gentiles, that thou mayest be my salvation unto the end of the earth. 7 Thus saith the LORD, the Redeemer of Israel, and his Holy One, to him whom man despiseth, to him whom the nation abhorreth, to a servant of rulers, Kings shall see and arise, princes also shall worship, because of the LORD that is faithful, and the Holy One of Israel, and he shall choose thee. 8 Thus saith the LORD, In an acceptable time have I heard thee, and in a day of salvation have I helped thee: and I will preserve thee, and give thee for a covenant of the people, to establish the earth, to cause to inherit the desolate heritages; 9 That thou mayest say to the prisoners, Go forth; to them that are in darkness, Shew yourselves. They shall feed in the ways, and their pastures shall be in all high places. 10 They shall not hunger nor thirst; neither shall the heat nor sun smite them: for he that hath mercy on them shall lead them, even by the springs of water shall he guide them. 11 And I will make all my mountains a way, and my highways shall be exalted.

He also was Father's ATONEMENT LAMB through whom He would "remove the sins of the world" by his shed blood, Isaiah 53:3-11, John 1:29.  For his trouble Father gave him all the children He created as His personal possession and heritage, but there is a catch.  He has to call them one by one by their God-given Heavenly names.  They are Father's paycheck to Jesus for his services.  After Jesus rose up to Heaven, Father sat him on His Throne and made him ruler over all things.  And Jesus began to do his PRIMARY JOB, to call the children Home from hell below, John 10:27-28, 5:25-28.  Every 24 hrs. Father gives Jesus a list of names to call out loud.  Men on earth are God's sheep who have those special names no one has heard before, Ezekiel 34:31.  Father opens the "spirit ears" of the children with those names.  Each child hears his true name for the first time and Father IMMEDIATELY TRANSPORTS HIM TO PARADISE and perfection school Hebrews 12:22-24.

No one knew the exact details of Jesus' appointment.  We know now that when the spirits of men hear their TRUE NAME, Father draws them from their flesh bodies like a flash of lightning, but the body remains behind to return to dust.  When Jesus began his ministry on Earth, everything that happened when he called his disciples was EXACTLY ACCORDING TO HIS ROLE.  When he calls names, the living spirit sons and daughters leave their bodies, (ie. Lazarus and the rich man, Luke 16:19-26), and rise to God's Throne to STAND before Him!  When I began reading the Bible, I did not know the details of how special Jesus is to God, nor was I aware of what he is assigned to do.  Therefore the account of the calling of the disciples seemed "unrealistic" to me.  I bought it, but it did not make sense to my carnal mind.  Now that I know God's purpose and the work assigned to Jesus, the disciples had to ACT IN CHARACTER WITH JESUS' ROLE!  When Jesus calls one's true name, the rising is IMMEDIATE.  There is no quibbling or protests, no questioning the decision.  The living spirits of men FOLLOW HIM without protest!

Psalms 22:27 All the ends of the world shall remember and turn unto the LORD: and all the kindreds of the nations shall worship before thee. 28 For the kingdom is the LORD'S: and he is the governor among the nations. 29 All they that be fat upon earth shall eat and worship: all they that go down to the dust shall bow before him: and none can keep alive his own soul. 30 A seed shall serve him; it shall be accounted to the Lord for a generation. 31 They shall come, and shall declare his righteousness unto a people that shall be born, that he hath done this.

No man knows the day nor the hour

When Jesus calls, he is merely reading and calling numbered names on the list Father gives him.  All men on Earth have one of the names of that daily list.  Now let me finish that sub-heading. No man knows the day nor the hour when the spirits of men will return to Heaven!  You may be driving on the highway when he calls.  Your car will be mangled by another car.  You may be in surgery having an appendectomy when he calls.  You may be eating in a restaurant and in the process of swallowing when you hear your name.  Someone might be out jogging when he hears his TRUE NAME!  Another person will be sleeping in bed when he hears his true name.  Here is what happened to me and a friend at work.  He and I were talking and as he walked past me, Jesus called his name.  He had a heart attack on the spot and died before the paramedics could get there.  THAT EVENT WAS A STUNNER TO ME!  He was my friend, and I had to ask "WHY" did God do that to me and him.  He showed me HIS AUTHORITY suddenly "in my face", and there was nothing I could do about it!  I know the answer now.  His TRUE NAME and birth number was next on Jesus' list, and Jesus called it out loud.  He had to RISE!  I did not know all this at that time.  It had nothing to do with hurting me by taking my friend while we were talking!  I had an up close and personal encounter with the work of the Father and the son!  They do not ask!  They just call the name and you are "out of here"!  Then it is "NEXT" ... Romans 14:7-13.

Isaiah 66:18 For I know their works and their thoughts: it shall come, that I will gather all nations and tongues; and they shall come, and see my glory. 21 And I will also take of them for priests and for Levites, saith the LORD. 22 For as the new heavens and the new earth, which I will make, shall remain before me, saith the LORD, so shall your seed and your name remain. 23 And it shall come to pass, that from one new moon to another, and from one sabbath to another, shall all flesh come to worship before me, saith the LORD.

Light appears TOO BRIGHT for the darkened mind, and one needs a hand or visor to shade down the brilliance of the light beams.  No one can understand a BOOK with SEVEN SEALS on it.  When He opens your understanding, then texts that seemed weird and cryptic come into clear focus and one can see and appreciate the beauty of God's secret BOOK!  I understand now why the disciples FOLLOWED HIM without a quibble or a protest!

God is a great Teacher!  He does not give a baby understanding of complex things right away.  Would you expect a 3rd grader to understand the complexities of calculus?  Just because I could read words back in the 1950's and I picked up my Bible and started reading the Gospels about how Jesus called the disciples, I could not be expected to grasp the magnitude of who Jesus is.  Now I know him and why the disciples had to follow him the way they did!  Praise God!  And thank you, Father, for showing me this so I can share it with your children!  Amen!

No comments:

Post a Comment